This course is designed to give the student a better understanding of American History. Through the course you will gain a deeper understanding of the people and cultures that have made America the country that it is.
What Will You Learn?
- Students will acquire knowledge of American History including specific names, terms, and concepts.
- Students will weave together the skills and content of civics, history, and geography and learn how they affect each other.
- Students will consider multiple perspectives, weigh evidence, and make sound judgments about the contemporary world.
- These processes build student confidence as critical thinkers.
- Learners will leave prepared for advanced level courses in the social sciences and some of the analytical tasks common to the 21st century work world.
Week 1 ( Jan 13 – Jan 20): The Civil War
Lesson 1: Issues that Divided the Nation00:00
Lesson 2: Civil War Battles and Events05:00
Lesson 3: Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation00:00
Week 2 ( Jan 21 – Jan 27): The Civil War
Lesson 4: The Civil War Summary
Lesson 5: Play Game to Review